Our Bequest Charter and Commitment to You
It is our vision that together we will beat cancer. When people like you trust us with a gift in your will, these are the assurances we make:
- We will invest your gift responsibly to extend our reach into the community and ensure your gift has a direct contribution to cancer research, advocacy, prevention, information and support.
- We will continue our commitment to excellence in the measurement and impact of our work within the community.
- We will continue to carry out our activities openly and with transparency to ensure our community is kept up to date with the latest cancer information and our progress.
- We will work with all parties handling your gift efficiently with care, sensitivity and respect to ensure your wishes are met.
- We will give you and your loved ones the choice and opportunity to connect with the work we do, that is made possible with gifts like yours.
- We will thank you and remember you for your enduring support.
Where your money will go
- Cancer Council NSW is 96% community funded
- We work across every aspect and every type of cancer
- Approximately 25% of our funds are from the generosity of bequest gifts
- Every bequest gift is valuable to us – in the last ten years we have received gifts rangingfrom $500 to $5 million