To become a Regular Giver please call our donor hotline: 1300 780 113
By joining our regular giving program – Breakthrough – you will help support thousands of people touched by cancer and ensure that no one faces cancer alone.
Please make a regular gift today and help us continue our vital work.
Cancer Council NSW funded close to $18.7 million in cancer research in 2017/2018. Unfortunately, we still have to turn away half the worthy research projects we receive, any one of which could hold the key to the next Breakthrough.
What is regular giving?
Regular giving is so important because it gives Cancer Council the financial stability to dedicate funds to life-saving research, prevention programs, and support services.
We only receive 4% grants and government funding – so thanks in large part to our Breakthrough donors, we can help the 1 in 2 people affected by cancer every day.
Making a regular gift today will make a significant contribution to our goal of a cancer free future.
Why become a Breakthrough member?
Your ongoing monthly donations will help us to fast track promising research across all cancers.
Each July, you’ll receive a tax deductible receipt for all your Breakthrough gifts over the financial year. Of course, you can increase or decrease your monthly gift or cancel at any time.
So thank you for generously considering to become a Breakthrough supporter. You are helping so many people, both today through much needed cancer support services, and in the future through cancer research.
Just a few of our many achievements
Thanks to our wonderful Breakthrough supporters:
- In 2017/2018 we contributed $18.7 million towards cancer research this year, across 292 researchers, 72 projects and 18 institutions.
- We supported 2,994 people affected by cancer in acute financial hardship with over $940,000 worth of financial assistance payments, and our financial counsellors helped waive over $163,000 of their debt.
- The Cancer Council 13 11 20 Information and Support service responds to over 12,000 calls every year
- Our Transport to treatment drivers volunteered over 26,000 hours, driving almost 1 million kilometres to make sure cancer patients could get to treatment.
- Guided by our research, a new cervical screening program was rolled out nationally. We predict this will lead to a 51% decrease in cervical cancer incidence by 2035.
Help us achieve a cancer free future. Call our donor hotline on 1300 780 113 today.